Title: Sales Engineer
Location: North East
Status: Full Time
Purpose and Scope
The Sales Engineer (SE) will be responsible for working with the sales team to conduct needed analysis with existing and prospective customers in order to gain an understanding of their critical business network needs. The SE will strategize with sales team on technical evaluations, product positioning, equipment and solving key business problems. The SE will also assist sales with the customization of proposals based on customer needs and perform detailed product analysis and demonstrations where applicable for customers. In addition, the SE will assist customers & sales with implementation strategies as well as providing necessary information to provisioning and engineering to ensure expectations of the customer is satisfied.
The SE will provide feedback to Management and Sales/Marketing on developmental opportunities, market requirements and the technical data required for new product and process decision making.
- Technical design and engineering in support of Sales initiatives focusing on core products and technologies
- Complete review of all Service Orders for technical accuracy of services, equipment and notes
- Work with Product Development and Engineering team in the definition of product requirements and work with sales to provide solutions and deliverables for new accounts
- Facilitate projects of varying scope across multiple technical teams between customers, third parties and internal teams
- Assist Sales Team in developing presentations and delivering these presentations to various levels of customer contacts ranging from technical contacts to executives
- Developing Visio diagrams for visual representations of proposed network designs for customers, provisioning and engineering
- Be aware of market competitors and their product offering
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Proficiency in developing strategic relationships
- Strong people skills and excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience Colocation, IP networking, Transport services including Ethernet, VPLS, Layer 2 between datacenters and POPS, Virtualization services, Backup, DRaaS, and Firewalls
- Knowledge of commonly used CPE; routers, switches, firewalls and servers
- Excellent verbal and written communications (must be able to communicate with customers, vendors, and fellow employees via phone and email)
- Team player with the proven flexibility to adapt to changing assignments and direction.
- 3 years demonstrated Network or Sales Engineering experience
- CCNA certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred